MacroUtils v4. Now on GitHub.

Each topic contains a file uploaded by the creator. Browse, upload, download and comment on new and existing files.

MacroUtils v4. Now on GitHub.

Postby frkasper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Macro Utils is a set of useful methods to assist the process of writing macros in STAR-CCM+ and went through a deep process of refactoring and pretty much almost everything was rewritten. In order to track all the changes over the years, a GitHub account was created. Therefore, please stay tuned and get the latest commits by following MacroUtils on GitHub.

Support files for the demos can be found in their original threads:
I invite you to Image the Macro Utils fan page on Facebook.

Latest version can also be downloaded here.

Happy coding! :mrgreen:
Fabio Kasper
frkasper

MacroUtils v11.02 build 1.

Postby frkasper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:02 pm

The first built JAR file using the new MacroUtils syntax is attached. The source code and the demos can be downloaded on GitHub.

Highlights:
  • Refactored single MacroUtils.java into several different files, also known as new MacroUtils v4.0 syntax.
  • Demos 1 to 15 fully converted to MacroUtils v4.0 syntax. Demo 14 is temporarily removed until the Generalized Cylinder Mesher is availabe as a Mesh Operation.

Have fun! :D
Please login or register to access and download the files attached to this post.
Fabio Kasper
frkasper

MacroUtils v11.04 build 1.

Postby frkasper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 pm

The first built JAR file using MacroUtils v11.04 libraries is attached. The source code and the demos can be downloaded on GitHub.

Highlights:
  • Refactored code to update solver settings.
  • Changed get.allByREGEX() method to make it more robust.
  • Shortened verbosity variable name and fixed a typo.
  • Added work around for "StarUpdate unexpectedly missing" error with UpdateEvents.
  • Removed TemplatePrint.java.
  • Some demos were updated to reflect the changes in updating solver settings.
  • Added CreatePlot.java.
  • Improved code standardization and workflow.
  • Removed redundant methods.
  • Added xy plot and directed meshing on squared channels as previously available in MacroUtils v3.
  • Small improvements on Demos 12 and 15.
  • Added Demo16_1D_Sound_Propagation.java.

Please login or register to access and download the files attached to this post.
Fabio Kasper
frkasper

MacroUtils v11.06 build 1.

Postby frkasper » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:38 pm

The first built JAR file using MacroUtils v11.06 libraries is attached. The source code, the demos and the 2 Simulation Assistants that were coded using MacroUtils syntax, can be downloaded on GitHub.

Highlights:
  • Added a few more modules.
  • Improved support Directed Meshes. Implemented a more more generic method for setting mesh defaults.
  • Replaced deprecated methods from v11.04.
  • Added support for Global Parameters (new feature in v11.06) and some demos were migrated to support it.

Fabio Kasper
frkasper

Re: MacroUtils v4. Now on GitHub.

Postby agunderson » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:19 am

Fabio,

Thanks for continuing to develop MacroUtils; I find it extremely useful. Now that MacroUtils is on github do you take pull requests? Also, why was the "removeInvalidCells()" method removed from MacroUtils?

Andrew
agunderson

Postby frkasper » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback agunderson,

Sadly, for the time being I will not open for Pull Requests. I suggest you to fork the repository and make your changes from there and rebase it from master from time to time.

MacroUtils was refactored and broken into many files/classes. The only reason why I can't see removeInvalidCells() in there is probably because I have not needed to date. I have been re-putting legacy methods on demand basis. May I ask you to open an issue requesting that reinsertion? This will remind me to put it back next time.

Thank you!
Fabio Kasper
frkasper

Postby jdku » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi, when can we expect an update of MacroUtils to ccm+ version 12.02.10?
jdku

Postby frkasper » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi jdku,

Please stay tuned. There might be something next week.

In the meanwhile let me ask you something. Do you compile the library yourself or do you use the .jar file?

Thanks!
Fabio
Fabio Kasper
frkasper

MacroUtils v12.02 build 1.

Postby frkasper » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:04 pm

The first built JAR file using MacroUtils v12.02 libraries is attached. The source code, the demos and the Simulation Assistants can be downloaded on GitHub.

Highlights:
  • A few fixes and some small improvements;
  • This cycle is targeted as maintenance mode;
  • Added support to remove invalid cells.

Fabio Kasper
frkasper

MacroUtils v12.04 build 1.

Postby frkasper » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:32 pm

The first built JAR file using MacroUtils v12.04 libraries is attached. The source code, the demos and the Simulation Assistants can be downloaded on GitHub.

This was another maintenance mode release;

Fabio Kasper
frkasper

Return to Upload / Download Files